SEALING PUNCTURES WITH CONTISEAL™
ContiSeal™ is a technology designed to seal a damaged tire tread.
- ContiSeal™ reduces the consequences of tire tread damage: punctures up to 5 mm in diameter (e.g. nail damage) are sealed immediately thanks to a unique technology
- Constant mobility and unaltered mileage – no need for an immediate stop or roadside tire change (see technical instructions on the back page)
- Unrestricted driving performance identical to that of a tire without ContiSeal™ technology under normal operation
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY
ContiSeal™ is a technology developed by Continental designed to seal a damaged tire tread. In case of penetration by foreign objects such as nails, there is no need for immediate roadside tire changes, and holes remain sealed even if the puncturing object becomes dislodged.
ContiSeal™ is a sticky, viscous sealant layer. It is applied to the inside of the tire in the tread area. ContiSeal™ seals 80% of all tire punctures and therefore reduces the risk of flat tires. ContiSeal™ tires are marked clearly with a symbol on the sidewall and are compatible with all commonly available rims.
CONTISEAL™ VS. STANDARD TIRE
ContiSeal™ (punctured) vs. Standard tire (deflated)
- A ContiSeal™ tire contains a sticky, viscous sealant layer that covers the inside of the tire tread. It provides an almost instantaneous seal around any penetrating object (up to 5 mm in diameter in the tread area), trapping the air inside and keeping the tire inflated and your car mobile.
- When a puncture occurs on a standard tire, the sidewall can get crushed between the rim and the road, leading to a potentially dangerous situation such as a blowout or the tire slipping off the rim.